Set up my new Windows Hosting account
If you're new to Windows Hosting with Plesk, follow these basic steps to set up your account and move or create your website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- If you haven't set up your Windows Hosting account yet, in the list of your products select Web Hosting, and next to your Windows Hosting account select Set Up. Follow the prompts to set up your account.
- Use Plesk File Manager or FTP to upload files from your computer to your account. Your Windows Hosting account uses httpdocs as the root directory for your primary domain.
- If you don't have a website yet, upload a content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, or joomla. A CMS is an application you can use to build a website and manage all its content. Here's how to install WordPress (or any other application) on your account.
- After you have your site up and running, use Plesk Backup Manager to fully automate backups, so you never have to worry about losing your site content. For more information, see Back up my website in Plesk hosting.