Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Mail (iOS)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings.
- To add your Exchange account, tap Mail > Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your Email and a short Description (like your company's name or email type), and then tap Next.
- Tap Sign In to confirm you want to use your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Enter your Password and tap Sign In. (You might need to choose your account type as a Work or School to continue.)
Note: If Microsoft can't find your account, you might be asked to enter your details manually:
• Email: Your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
• Server: outlook.office365.com (this is required)
• Domain: This can be left empty
• Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
Note: If you forgot your email password, here's how to reset it.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Tap Next. You might be asked to select Consent on behalf of your organization. This allows Microsoft 365 and the Mail app to work together. Tap Accept.
- Tap Save. You can come back and update settings here at any point.
- If you're ready to remove your POP/IMAP account, still in Accounts > tap the email account > Delete Account > Delete from My iPhone.
Your email is now set up as an Exchange account!
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.